Sorry, it looks like the currently selected platform does not support that coin
Abra Bitcoin (BTC) Interest Calculator
Interest Rate (base rate)
1 Year return
5 Year return
Note: Interest rates change over time, so this calculation is an estimate
Using our Crypto Interest Calculator for Bitcoin, Ethereum or USDC/USDT Stablecoins
We’ve built the best compounding crypto specific interest calculator to help you calculate and project the total amount of crypto interest you can earn with just a few clicks.
Here’s how to use it:
- Select the cryptocurrency (we support BTC, ETH, USDC, USDT, LTC, DOGE and SOL)
- Select a platform (we track rates for over 40 platforms)
- Adjust the amount of BTC that you’re going to deposit (we automatically calculate for compound interest, if the platform offers it)
And that’s it. We’ve done all the work for you, and display the interest calculations for 1 month, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, 48 months and 60 months (5 years).
Why compounding interest is important
Compound interest is basically the additional interest you get on prior interest earnings. It’s stacked on top of the existing interest that you have previously earned over your simple interest. Over time, compounding gives exponential growth of your crypto at an increasing over time rate.
It’s useful to compare compounding interest vs. simple interest and see how much impact it can have.
Using our compounding crypto interest calculator can be beneficial in a number of ways:
- Calculating future returns: An interest calculator can help you determine how much crypto you will have in the future based on a certain rate of return and a specific time period. This can be useful for planning for future financial goals.
- Visualize the power of compound interest: Compounded interest can have a significant impact on the growth of your crypto holdings and investments over time. By using a compounding interest calculator, you can see how much more money you will have in the future with compounding interest.
- Compare different services and platforms: A compounding crypto interest calculator can help you compare different services (we track over 40!) to see which one will provide the highest return over a specific time period. This can help you make informed decisions about where you can earn the most interest.
- Planning for the future: A compounding interest calculator can be a useful tool for financial planning and setting financial goals.
By understanding the impact of compound interest and how it can affect your investments or savings over time, you can make informed decisions about where to best place your crypto funds.
APY crypto calculator
APY stands for Annual Percentage Yield. It is the metric of the return on an investment over a one-year period, taking into account the effect of compound interest.
APY is different from a simple interest rate (sometimes called APR, in which interest is not compounded), as it takes into account the fact that interest earned on an asset is added to the principal, so that the total amount of assets increases over time. This means that the amount of interest earned in subsequent periods will be higher, resulting in a higher overall rate of return.
Let’s run an example…
If you invest 10 Bitcoin at a 5% annual interest rate, you would earn 0.5 BTC in interest in the first year. If the interest is compounded annually, this means that the 0.5 BTC in interest is added to the principal, so that the total amount of money invested becomes 10.5. The following year, you would earn interest on the 10.5, rather than just the original 10 BTC, resulting in an increased rate of return.
APY is expressed as a percentage value and is an easy way to directly compare the returns of different crypto interest accounts. It is important to note that APY assumes that all interest earned is reinvested. APR can be used when interest is not compounded, and is a simpler calculation.
Bitcoin Interest Calculator
Our BTC Interest Calculator was designed to help you calculate the potential yield you can earn when deploying it across a variety of Bitcoin Interest Platforms. You can earn interest on Bitcoin on over 20 platforms and our calculator helps you visualize the interest paid (expressed in APY or APR), up to 5 years out.
Stablecoin Interest Calculator
If you are looking to find out how much interest you can earn by holding stablecoins in a crypto interest account, we’ve built the ideal tool for you. Our Stablecoin Interest Calculator supports USDC (Circle) and USDT (Tether), depending on the platforms support of that specific stablecoin.